If you are looking for a fun and easy treat to make for your Thanksgiving celebration, try these easy Turkey Peanut Butter Cups! The kids will love making this simple recipe.
Turkey Peanut Butter Cups are a simple way to turn a classic peanut butter cup into a fun treat that is perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday!
There's no baking involved, and they easily transform into turkeys that are almost too cute to eat!
All you need for this recipe are peanut butter cups, candy corn, candy eyes, and a few orange M&M's. Secure them to the peanut butter cup using a bit of melting chocolate, and you'll have fun Thanksgiving candy in no time.
Serve these candy corn treats at your Thanksgiving feast, or give them away as festive party favors! Turkey Peanut Butter Cups are a great way to show your guests how thankful you are for their company.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These cute Turkey Peanut Butter Cups are incredibly easy to make with only a few ingredients you probably already have.
You don't need special equipment or skills to make them - they're beginner-friendly!
They're perfect for both kids and adults and are sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them.
Turkey Peanut Butter Cups make a great Thanksgiving dessert or can be given away as a party gift or for teachers.
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups - This peanut butter chocolate-covered treat makes up the round base of the turkey.
- Candy Corn - The festive colors of candy corn act as the feathers when pressed onto the top of the peanut butter cup.
- Orange M&M's - Used to create the nose on the turkey under the eyes.
- Candy Eyes - Eyes made of candy bring the turkey to life when secured under the candy corn feathers.
- Chocolate Chips - Used as an edible "glue" to secure the candy to the peanut butter cup so they stick properly.
Please see the recipe card below for quantities.
Wondering how to make this Turkey Peanut Butter Cups recipe? It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Melt the chocolate: Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30-second intervals stirring between each one until fully melted.
Add the candy corn 'feathers': Brush some of the melted chocolate to the top of the peanut butter cup, then secure the candy corn side by side to create feathers along the top half.
Add the eyes and nose: Add more chocolate to where the candy corn meets at the bottom, then press on the eyes. Poke a small divet under the middle of the eyes, and press the orange M&M in to resemble the nose.
Let set: Let the chocolate set and harden before serving. Enjoy!
It's easiest to work with one Turkey Peanut Butter Cup at a time, so the chocolate doesn't have a chance to harden before all the candy is added.
If you don't have candy corn, you can use any small, flat candy in festive colors like Skittles or M&M's.
For the nose, you can use candy like a mini Reese's Pieces or even a chocolate chip.
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to enjoy.
Add a few festive sprinkles to the top of the chocolate for extra color.
Use white candy melts in place of the chocolate chips for a different look.
Try using milk chocolate or dark chocolate peanut butter cups in place of the traditional Reese's.
Add a small pretzel to the back of the Turkey Peanut Butter Cup for Turkey legs.
After they set, store Turkey Peanut Butter Cups in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to enjoy. They will last for up to two weeks stored this way.
Turkey Peanut Butter Cups
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup candy corn
- 12 m&ms orange, or Reece's Pieces
- 24 Candy eyes
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave in 30 second bursts until melted.
- Add a tiny amount to the top arc of a peanut butter cup and add a few candy corns to look like feathers.
- Add a little melted chocolate to the back of candy eyes and add them to the peanut butter cups under the candy corn ‘feathers’.
- Use a knife to poke a small slit under the middle of the eyes, then press in the M&M.
- Let the chocolate under the candy corn set, then enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.