Slow Cooker Chicken Korma is full of succulent chicken, aromatic mild spices, and creamy coconut milk. An easy dump and go Crockpot dinner.
I love easy dinners, so I often turn to my slow cooker (Crockpot).
It's perfect for a delicious curry, since the flavors have time to all merge together.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Korma is full of tender chicken breast chunks, creamy coconut milk, rich almonds and mild Indian spices. They all come together either 4 hours on high, or 8 hours on low.
I love to throw all the ingredients into my slow cooker, give it a stir and then come home from work to an epic meal.
It's an easy Dump-and-Go Crockpot dinner, which means you simply add all the ingredients to the Crockpot, turn it on and come back a few hours later to a delicious meal!
We like to serve it up with rice and fluffy naan bread.
A crockpot, also known as a slow cooker, is a countertop kitchen appliance designed to simplify cooking by utilizing low and consistent heat over an extended period.
It consists of a lidded pot made of ceramic or porcelain, which is placed inside an electric heating element.
The crockpot's design allows for the slow, even cooking of ingredients, making it ideal for creating tender, flavorful dishes such as stews, soups, roasts, and curries.
Its convenience lies in the "set it and forget it" approach – you can add ingredients in the morning, set the desired cooking time and temperature, and return later to a fully cooked meal, all while the appliance efficiently melds flavors and textures.
Check out this list of Crockpot Recipes.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You only need simple pantry ingredients for this recipe!
- Chicken Breasts: The star of the show, tender chicken is elevated by the slow-cooking process, becoming incredibly juicy and flavorful.
- Onion: Adds a sweet undertone and a pleasant texture to the dish, while also enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Ginger Paste: Infuses the dish with a zesty kick and a touch of warmth, balancing out the creaminess of the coconut milk.
- Garlic Paste: Brings its signature pungent flavor and depth to the dish, complementing the other spices.
- Korma Paste: This pre-made blend of spices is the heart and soul of the dish, imparting a rich, complex flavor that's the hallmark of a good korma.
- Coconut Milk: The luscious base that imparts a velvety texture and a hint of tropical sweetness, rounding out the dish's flavors.
- Chicken Stock: Adds depth and richness to the sauce, making it even more satisfying.
- Ground Almonds: These not only thicken the sauce but also contribute a nutty essence that enhances the overall taste. Ground almonds, also known as almond meal or almond flour, are finely crushed or powdered almonds.
See the recipe card for quantities and method.
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Korma
Follow these step-by-step instructions, then scroll down for the full ingredients list and method.
Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, stir well and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
Serve as it is or serve over rice and sprinkle with black onion seeds, flaked almonds.
Scroll down for the full ingredients list and method.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Korma is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in various ways:
- Serve it over fluffy basmati rice for a complete meal.
- Garnish with black onion seeds and flaked almonds for an extra layer of crunch and flavor.
- Accompany it with warm naan bread or roti for a satisfying Indian-inspired feast.
- Vegan Twist: Swap the chicken for tofu or a medley of your favorite vegetables and follow the same cooking instructions for a delectable vegan korma.
- Spice It Up: If you're craving a spicier kick, adjust the heat by adding a touch of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Nut-Free Option: Omit the ground almonds entirely if you have nut allergies or sensitivities – the dish will still be wonderfully creamy.
More Dinner Recipes
Storage and Reheating
If you find yourself with leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat, simply microwave until heated through or warm it gently on the stovetop, adding a splash of chicken stock, water or milk if necessary to maintain the creamy consistency.
Slow Cooker Chicken Korma
- Slow Cooker / Crockpot
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts diced (approx 3 breasts)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 6 tablespoons korma paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds aka almond meal
To serve (all optional):
- Black onion seeds
- Flaked almonds
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Serve as it is or serve over rice and sprinkle with black onion seeds, flaked almonds.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.