You're going to love these tasty Salmon Bites! Cubes of salmon are coated in deliciously seasoned breadcrumbs and then oven-baked or air fried to perfection. They're crispy outside and beautifully tender inside. Ready in just 15 minutes with 6 ingredients, they make a tasty snack, dinner, or appetizer!
Breaded salmon bites are a delicious and healthy snack or appetizer that can be easily prepared and enjoyed. They're crispy on the outside and beautifully tender inside!
I love that they can be made in just 15 minutes and can be cooked in the air fryer or oven baked.
Salmon is a great source of high-quality protein and omega-3 fatty acids, making it a nutritious food choice.
Additionally, breaded salmon bites are easy to make and can be served with a variety of dipping sauces and accompaniments.
I love making a big batch to bring to serve as an appetizer at a party or potluck, along with dipping sauces like Creamy Dill Mustard Sauce, Donair Sauce, or even Chipotle Southwest Sauce!
But we also love making these Salmon Bites for dinner and serving them on a bed of rice (or Texas Roadhouse Seasoned Rice) along with steamed broccoli. So healthy and sooooo tasty!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- They are a healthy and delicious snack that can be enjoyed by adults and children alike.
- They are quick and easy to prepare.
- Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- This dish is packed with protein and low in fat.
- Salmon Bites make a great appetizer or side dish.
- They can be served hot or cold.
- They are a great way to use up extra salmon.
- You can make them ahead of time and store them in the freezer for quick meals.
- They are a great way to get your family to eat more fish.
- You can make them in the oven or air fryer.
You only need simple pantry ingredients for this recipe!
- Salmon - use fresh filets of salmon, or frozen and thawed. You'll need to remove the skin and cut it into cubes.
- Breadcrumbs - use regular dried breadcrumbs, or panko if you like it crunchier.
- Old Bay Seasoning - I love pairing this rich seasoning with fish to bring out the flavor.
- Garlic Powder - for extra flavor.
- Salt - to season the salmon bites.
- Oil - use olive oil, canola, or vegetable.
See the recipe card for quantities and method.
Follow these step-by-step instructions, then scroll down for the full ingredients list and method.
Remove the skin from the salmon, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Place into a bowl.
Add the oil, Old Bay, garlic, and salt, then toss to coat the salmon.
TIP: Optionally, you can leave for 20 minutes, covered in the refrigerator, to marinate.
Add the breadcrumbs to a bowl, then roll each salmon bite in the breadcrumbs to cover them.
To cook in the air fryer
Transfer the salmon pieces to the air fryer basket, and roast at 375°F for 6 minutes on one side, then turn over and air fry the other side for another 2 minutes.
To oven bake
Heat oven 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or aluminum foil.
Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until cooked through and the breading is golden.
Serve the salmon bites right away to ensure the breaded coating stays crispy.
Scroll down for the full ingredients list and method.
- Try making these with different types of fish fillets, such as mahi-mahi, tuna, or cod.
- Use panko breadcrumbs for a crispier finish.
- Try making your own homemade Old Bay Seasoning.
- Add a pinch of cayenne for a spicier kick.
- Swap the Old Bay Seasoning for Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Use Cajun seasoning for a spicier kick.
- Serve drizzled with Dill Mustard Sauce.
- Add finely chopped dill weed or dried dill.
Serve your salmon bites as an appetizer, snack, lunch, or for dinner.
Try serving them for dinner along with sides such as Greek Pasta Salad, KFC Macaroni Salad, rice, green salad, steamed vegetables, or Truffle Mashed Potatoes.
Serve as an appetizer with dipping sauces such as Dill Aioli, Dill Dip, Unagi Sauce, Arby's Horsey Sauce, or Dill Mustard Sauce (Ikea Copycat).
Bring them to a party, game day, potluck or tailgate!
Store: Although these crispy salmon bites are best served right away, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat in the air fryer or oven until warmed through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
You can make your salmon bites in the oven (recipe below), but they're so easy in the air fryer. Be sure to also try these other air fryer recipes too.
- Air Fryer Donuts with Lemon Glaze2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Buffalo Chicken Bites20 Minutes
- Garlic Parmesan Wings25 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings32 Minutes
Don't overcook your salmon bites or they could become dry. They don't need long in the air fryer or oven baked!
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
- Air fryer or oven
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- Remove the skin from the salmon, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Place into a bowl.
- Add the oil, Old Bay, garlic and salt, then toss to coat the salmon.
- TIP: Optionally, you can leave for 20 minutes, covered in the refrigerator, to marinate.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a bowl, then roll each salmon bite in the breadcrumbs to cover them.
To cook in the air fryer
- Transfer the salmon pieces to the air fryer basket, and roast at 375°F for 6 minutes on one side, then turn over and air fry the other side for another 2 minutes.
To oven bake
- Heat oven 450°F. Line large baking sheet with baking parchment or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until cooked through and the breading is golden.
- Serve the salmon bites right away to ensure the breaded coating stays crispy.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
Simple and delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing.
What a great way to get the kids to eat those omega-3s! Mine are super picky so I'm definitely going to try to pass them off as "special" chicken nuggets, though! 🙂
These salmon bites are the perfect finger food! I'm introducing some new foods to my daughter, and she loved these salmon bites. I made some roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli as a side dish. Thanks for the recipe!
I grew up eating salmon and it's my favourite fish, but I never had it like this! They were so easy and perfect in the air fryer! I kept sampling htem and they barely made it to the dinner table ha ha. Had them iwth leftover mashed potato cake. Sooo good.