This tasty classic Jiffy Corn Casserole recipe is made with just 5 simple ingredients, plus Jiffy corn muffin mix, making it a tender, sweet, and flavorful dish. It's perfect for a potluck, holiday side dish, or family gathering!
You're going to love this super easy 6-ingredient Jiffy Corn Casserole! A tasty side dish for any weeknight that's also special enough for your Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday dinner table.
Corn casserole is a dish made with sweet corn, cornbread mix, and other simple ingredients. It's baked in the oven until the cornbread is golden brown giving it lots of comforting texture.
This easy side dish is typically served alongside southern foods like fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and green beans.
But whether you call it corn pudding, johnny cake, or corn souffle, this dish would be just as delicious next to roasted chicken or grilled steak.
And since it's made with Jiffy corn muffin mix, it comes together in a snap! This gives the casserole a deliciously soft texture without all of the fuss.
Jiffy cornbread has a light and fluffy texture with a slightly sweet flavor. It's perfect for making corn casserole because it doesn't need much doctoring up. The mix comes together quickly and bakes into a deliciously soft casserole.
Serve it at a family gathering, for an office potluck, or enjoy it as a cozy weekend meal. It's the perfect comfort food to enjoy all year round!
Why Make This Recipe
This Jiffy Corn Casserole is an easy recipe that comes together quickly.
It's a versatile dish that can be served as a side or main course.
The recipe is adaptable to fit your taste preferences.
It's made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix - You can find this mix in the baking section of almost every grocery store. It's inexpensive and makes this recipe simple and easy.
- Whole Kernel Corn - Adds fresh corn flavor and texture to the dish.
- Creamed Corn - Gives this dish additional corn flavor along with natural sweetness and creamy texture.
- Sour Cream - Adds a tangy layer of flavor while keeping the casserole moist and tender.
- Eggs - While optional, eggs give the casserole a fluffy texture that brings it to the next level.
- Melted Butter - Adds a rich buttery flavor that pairs well with the natural sweetness of baked corn.
Please scroll down to the recipe card below for the full quantities.
Wondering how to make this classic Jiffy Corn Casserole recipe? It's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Prepare for baking: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175C). Lightly spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set it aside.
Assemble the casserole ingredients: Melt and cool the butter slightly. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir until fully combined.
Pour and bake: Pour the corn casserole batter into the baking pan, then bake it in the oven for 45 minutes or until the top is golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Ensure that you properly grease the casserole dish, which will help prevent the corn casserole from sticking and make for easier cleanup.
You'll need to let the butter cool slightly in order to keep it from scrambling the eggs when you add them to the mixture.
If you enjoy corn casserole with a dense texture, leave out one or all of the eggs.
If you find that your corn casserole is browning too quickly in the oven, tent it with foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking.
For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free cornbread mix in place of the Jiffy corn muffin mix.
Still have more Jiffy corn muffin mix packets to use up? Try these Jiffy Mix Recipes.
Mix in salty shredded cheeses such as cheddar, Gruyere, or Parmesan.
Add diced jalapeños or green chilies for a spicy kick.
Stir in a can of drained and rinsed black beans or pinto beans for added protein.
Fold in chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, or thyme.
Stir in diced cooked bacon or crumbled sausage.
Add a layer of crushed tortilla chips, Ritz crackers, or corn chips on top before baking for extra crunch.
Try your corn casserole as a side dish with one of these mains:
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs
- Bisquick Oven Fried Chicken
- Alice Springs Chicken
- Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Garlic Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Cheeseburger Stuffed Shells
Storage & Freezing
To store, let the Jiffy corn casserole cool completely. Then, cover and refrigerate for up to four days.
To freeze, let the casserole cool completely. Then, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
This corn casserole is best reheated in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175C). Then, add the corn casserole to an oven-safe dish and reheat until warmed through.
Yes, you can assemble the corn casserole up to one day in advance. Just cover and refrigerate until you're ready to bake it. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time if the casserole is baked straight from the fridge.
This corn casserole pairs well with roasted or grilled meats such as chicken, steak, or pork chops. It's also great alongside salads and roasted vegetables.
Corn pudding is typically made with whole milk and has a custard-like texture. Corn casserole is made with cream-style corn and has a denser, more cake-like texture.
Jiffy Corn Casserole
- Mixing Bowl
- 8x8-inch square pan
- 8 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 15 ounces can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 15 ounces can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs (optional, but makes the results fluffier)
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175C). Lightly spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir it all together well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan, then bake it in the oven for 45 minutes or until the top is golden.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.