You're going to love these Irish Desserts! From traditional sweet treats from Ireland to fun St Patrick's Day themed desserts, you'll find plenty of exciting recipes in this epic list!
Whether you're looking for traditional authentic Irish desserts or modern classics, you'll find plenty of recipes here to inspire you!
I've brought you plenty of authentic recipes in this list of Irish desserts.
But if you're looking for green cakes, shamrock shakes, and Lucky Charm cupcakes, then I've got those too! Because although they may not be served in the cafes of Cork, they're darn tasty and fun!
So go on, whip up Bailey's cheesecake, or bake a rich and decadent Guinness loaf cake.
Let's all celebrate the Emerald Isle with tasty Irish dessert recipes, whether they're authentic or not!
Grab some Bailey's and whiskey, or go for an alcohol-free dessert for the kids.
Try something bright green, or make a dessert that's naturally green.
There's something for everyone here!
Traditional Irish Desserts
The list of recipes is below, but here is a list of some traditional desserts from Ireland.
- Porter Cake - a rich fruit cake made with porter ale.
- Apple Cake - a light cake full of apple chunks.
- Barmbrack - a sweet quickbread made with tea-soaked dried fruit.
- Yellowman - a crunchy honeycomb.
- Apple Crumble - aka apple crisp, fruit topped with a crumbly topping.
- Saffron Cake
- Carrageen Moss Pudding - a jiggly molded pudding made with carrageen Irish moss - a type of seaweed.
- Irish Coffee
- Guinness Chocolate Mousse
- Irish Whiskey Truffles
Whether you want a nostalgic Irish dessert or something that evokes Irish culture, you'll find plenty of recipes here!
Below you'll find the best Irish Desserts that are perfect not only for St Patrick's Day but any time of the year.