This Dill Dip recipe is easy, creamy, and delicious! Made with mayo, sour cream, dill weed, and a few other seasonings, it's packed with dill pickle flavor. Serve it with wings, fries, or any other appetizer for a crowd-pleasing dish. Game day never tasted so good!
Hands up if you love dill! I know I do. And this dill dip recipe has so much of that tasty dill weed flavor!
Whip it up in just a few minutes.
If you're having a get-together, chances are you've got a bunch of appetizers ready to make. One thing that is essential for a game day party or any occasion that involves snacks is the dips!
Dips can be used for so many different things - chicken wings, onion rings, potato wedges, even vegetables. And this Dill Dip recipe is one of the best ones out there!
It's creamy and tangy with a bold dill pickle flavor that everyone will love. This dip is perfect for game day or any other party where you need something to snack on.
So next time you're planning a party, be sure to add this easy homemade dill dip recipe to the menu! And while you're at it, add a bowl of Wingstop Ranch and Ikea Dill Mustard Sauce too! And for a slightly different texture and flavor profile, try my Dill Aioli.
Why Make This Recipe
- Dill Dip uses simple ingredients you may already have on hand.
- Goes great with nearly any appetizer.
- This dip has a classic dill pickle flavor everyone will enjoy.
- Because it's made from scratch, there are no chemicals or preservatives.
- It's seriously easy - just mix and go!
- Mayonnaise - Gives this dip a smooth, thick, and creamy base to hold onto all of the flavors.
- Sour Cream - Adds a light creamy texture with a hint of tangy tart flavor.
- Dried Dill Weed - The main flavor profile, dried dill weed adds a delicious herbaceous flavor to this dip.
- Dried Parsley - Helps give this dip a fresh taste and additional pop of green color.
- Garlic & Onion Powder - Adds garlic and onion flavor that pairs well with the dried herbs.
- Sea Salt - Helps to balance and round out all of the flavors in the dip.
Please scroll down to the recipe card below for the full quantities.
How to Make Dill Dip
Wondering how to make this Dill Pickle Dip recipe? It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Measure ingredients: Measure out the dried herbs and spices and add them to a medium-sized bowl.
Add wet ingredients: To the bowl with the seasonings, add the mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir until fully combined.
Chill to develop flavor: Cover with plastic wrap or add to an airtight container and chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
DILL PICKLE OPTION: Add ¼ cup of finely diced pickles for a dill pickle flavored dip.
When preparing ingredients, make sure the dried seasonings are not expired as this will affect the flavor of the dip.
If you'd like a thinner dip, add more sour cream or mayo until desired consistency is reached.
Chilling in the fridge is important because it allows the flavors to develop and meld together. It also helps thicken the dip.
- Potato chips
- Raw veggies
- Wing sauce
- Drizzle over Bisquick Oven Fried Chicken or Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Burger sauce
- Fry sauce
- Onion rings
- Potato wedges
- Bring it to a picnic, party, tailgate, or game day party
Make it lighter by swapping the sour cream and/or mayonnaise for equal quantities of plain yogurt.
Add in some diced green onions, crumbled bacon, or even shredded cheese for a different flavor profile.
If you're looking for something spicier, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes, chipotle, or jalapeno peppers.
If you love garlic, try adding some freshly minced garlic for an extra kick of flavor.
Add finely chopped dill pickles for more texture and pickle flavor.
Storage & Freezing
Storing: Once mixed, you can store this dip in the fridge for up four days. Give it a good stir before serving to re-incorporate the flavors and texture.
Freezing: Freezing is not recommended as the texture will change when thawed due to the water content in the sour cream and mayo.
You can, but it won't have the same concentrated flavor as dried dill weed. If you're using fresh dill, use double the amount called for in the recipe and then let it sit after mixing to allow the flavors to develop.
This dip will last in the fridge for up to four days. Just make sure it's stored in an airtight container.
Walmart does sell dill dip occasionally, but it's best to make your own from scratch as it contains no chemicals or preservatives.
More game day recipes
We hope that you love this tasty veggie dip! Be sure to also check out these other game day recipes too!
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
Dill Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, for the flavors to blend and the dill dip to thicken.
- Optional: add ¼ cup finely chopped dill pickles for a dill pickle dip.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
Love this for a quick and easy party dip! It's always a hit.
Oh yum! I just love the flavour of dill pickles and this is going to be a huge hit in our house - making it at the weekend.
This is absolutely perfect for me. I'm a dill dip fiend. I dip everything in it from veggies to chips.
Dill is the most underrated herb in my opinion, love that this dip makes it the star of the show!
I love this dip I grow dill in my kitchen and fresh dill made this so delicious you just cant stop eating it and it was amazing with salmon!
Yum, yum, yum! We love this recipe!