Looking for a fun and easy way to make hot dogs? Crescent Roll Hot Dogs are the perfect appetizer for your next party, or as the main course for a quick and easy meal! All you need is a package of crescent rolls, some hot dogs, and cheese. Make them extra special with a little garlic butter.
You're going to love how tasty and easy it is to make Crescent Roll Hot Dogs!
Hot dogs are a classic American food, as you will know. They're perfect for barbecues, parties, and picnics. But have you ever tried them rolled up in crescent rolls? They take wieners out of the bun and wrap them into flaky, tasty crescent dough.
Crescent rolls are a type of yeast roll made from dough that is rolled into a crescent shape. They are often found in the refrigerated section of grocery stores and come in both sweet and savory varieties.
To make hot dogs in crescent rolls, simply roll a hot dog up in a crescent roll with some cheese inside and bake until golden brown. Optionally, you can brush them with garlic butter for extra flavor.
Serve them with toppings and dipping sauces and you've got the perfect finger food for your next party or potluck!
I love serving hot dogs in crescent rolls with a selection of copycat condiments for dipping: Arby's Sauce, Chipotle Southwest Sauce (Subway Copycat), Donair Sauce, or Wingstop Ranch.
They also make a great meal or after-school snack for kids. Just add a side of fruit or vegetables and you've got a complete meal! Serve them up with some Crescent Roll Pizza!
Why Make This Recipe
- Crescent roll hot dogs are made with simple and easy-to-find ingredients.
- The entire recipe takes just 20 minutes from start to finish.
- They can be served as an appetizer, snack, or main meal.
- You can customize by using any cheese, hot dogs, or sausage you enjoy.
- Cooking Spray - Used to keep the crescent rolls from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Crescent Rolls - These rolls can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store and are easy to use and assemble.
- Hot Dogs - You can use any hot dog you enjoy to make this recipe. Veggie dogs, chicken dogs or just good old regular weiners!
- Cheese - Adds a layer of salty, melty goodness along with cheese flavor. You can use American cheese or any cheese you like. Try provalone, pepper jack or whatever you love.
- Garlic Butter (optional) - To put a garlic buttery flavor on these hot dogs, you can brush them with a bit of butter and minced garlic.
Please scroll down to the recipe card below for the full quantities.
Wondering how to make this Crescent Roll Hotdog recipe? It's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with a little cooking spray. Set aside.
Prepare the garlic butter (if using): If using, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop. Stir in the garlic and set aside.
Assemble the crescent rolls: Remove the rolls from the can and roll out into triangles. Place half slices of cheese onto each of the dough triangles along the wide end.
Roll with hot dogs: Place a hot dog on top of the cheese at the wide end of the dough triangle and roll up towards the small end. Repeat as you add each to the greased baking sheet.
Bake and enjoy: If using, brush the tops with the prepared garlic butter, then bake for 15 minutes or until golden on the top.
It's helpful to spray the baking sheet with non-stick spray before baking to ensure that the crescent rolls don't stick.
You can also put a layer of foil, a silpat, or parchment paper underneath to catch any cheese that may melt out.
Make sure the cheese is placed on the wide end of the crescent roll to ensure it doesn't fall out as you roll them up.
The time it takes to bake depends on your individual oven. Always check halfway to gauge if it needs more or less time depending on how brown the crescent rolls get.
Try a different hot dog: There are many types of hot dogs or sausages you can use in this recipe including beef, chicken, turkey, or vegetarian.
Try a different crescent roll: You can also use croissants, biscuits, or crescent rolls to make these wrapped crescent dogs though cooking times may vary.
Add other toppings: Customize your crescent dogs with other toppings like ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, or BBQ sauce.
Sliced cheese: We went all American in this recipe, but feel free to use other sliced cheeses such as cheddar, Swiss, or provolone.
Shredded cheese: You could also use shredded cheese instead of sliced for a different texture.
Storage & Freezing
Storing: To store any leftovers, place them in an airtight container or bag. They will last up to three days in the fridge. The longer they sit, the soggier the crescents get.
Reheating: When ready to enjoy again, reheat crescent roll dogs in the oven at 350F until warmed through. You can also heat them in the air fryer for a few minutes.
Freezing: If you'd like to freeze cooked crescent roll hot dogs, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to three months. Let them thaw in the refrigerator before reheating and serving.
You can make crescent roll hot dogs ahead of time without baking them and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
The crescent rolls will start to get soggy after a day or two. If you want to keep them fresher for longer, reheat crescent roll dogs in the oven at 350F until warmed through. You can also use the air fryer.
Yes, you can use pre-cooked hot dogs when making crescent roll hot dogs, in fact, it's preferred as the cooking time may not be long enough to cook a raw hot dog or raw sausage.
More dinner recipes
We hope that you love this tasty recipe! Be sure to also check out these other dinner recipes too!
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
Crescent Roll Hot Dogs
- Baking Sheet
- cooking spray
- 8 ounces crescent rolls (8 rolls)
- 4 slices American cheese (or provolone, pepper jack, gouda)
- 8 pre cooked hot dogs
For the garlic butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with a little cooking spray.
- Melt the butter, then stir in the garlic. Set aside.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles. Cut the cheese slices in half, then place each half onto a dough triangle, at the wide end.
- Place a hotdog onto the wide end of a crescent dough triangle and roll up towards the small end.
- Repeat with the remaining crescent dough and dogs, and place onto the baking sheet.
- Brush the crescent roll hot dogs with the garlic butter and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
These are a family favorite! Super easy and loved by all. Especially love the addition of the cheese - so yummy!
This is such a great update to pigs in a blanket. My family devoured them!