Make this copycat Subway Chipotle Southwest Sauce recipe right at home! Use the bold, spicy, zesty sauce on sandwiches, wings, or salad. It's easy to make in minutes, and tastes just like the real thing!
Subway Chipotle Southwest Sauce is my favorite! I love its bold, spicy, and zesty flavor and I always get it when I hit up the sandwich chain. But I wanted to recreate it at home.
I've tweaked and tested to get this copycat version just right, and I couldn't wait to share it with you all!
Subway® is a fast-food restaurant chain that specializes in sandwiches and salads. They are known for their "subs" which are made with fresh ingredients.
One of their signature items is the southwest chipotle sauce, which is a zesty and flavorful sauce that is used on their menu items.
This southwest chipotle sauce is a copycat recipe of the sauce served at Subway®. It is zesty and flavorful, with a kick of heat from the chipotle peppers!
The ingredients you'll need for this southwest chipotle sauce are mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, and other simple seasoning ingredients. Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and you're done!
This chipotle southwest sauce is so easy to make and it's perfect for livening up your sandwiches. If you like a little bit of heat, you'll love this sauce.
Give it a try the next time you're looking for a zesty spread, dip, or dressing!
I love bringing it to a party, along with some Cajun Wings, Louisiana Rub Wings, and a bowl of copycat Wingstop Ranch. Add a pitcher of Mint Lemonade too!
Why Make This Recipe
- This Chipotle Southwest Sauce uses simple ingredients you can find at any grocery store.
- No need to go to a Subway location to get the zesty taste of the chipotle sauce.
- It comes together in just minutes.
- Use it as a spread for sandwiches, or as a dip or salad dressing.
- Mayonnaise - Makes up the creamy base of the dressing and holds all of the flavors together.
- Chipotle Paste - You'll need chipotles from a can of chile in adobo or you can substitute chipotle powder or paste for the correct flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce - This is a key ingredient in the southwest chipotle sauce and adds that "umami" flavor.
- Dijon Mustard - This mustard has a sharp flavor that helps to cut through the creaminess of the mayonnaise.
- Lime Juice - The acidity from lime juice brightens up all of the flavors in the southwest chipotle sauce.
- White Vinegar - This is another ingredient that helps to brighten up the flavors by adding a hint of acidity to the sauce.
- Dry Seasonings - A mix of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt are used to properly season the sauce.
Please scroll down to the recipe card below for the full quantities.
Wondering how to make this Chipotle Southwest Sauce recipe? It's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Measure out ingredients: Measure out all of the ingredients in the recipe. Make a chipotle paste using the canned chipotle.
Mix the ingredients: Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until fully combined and evenly distributed.
Chill and serve: For best results, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour for the flavors to fully combine. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Subway® Style: To get the full Subway experience, store the sauce in a squeeze bottle.
When making a sauce with pantry ingredients and spices, be sure to check the expiration dates to make sure everything has the best flavor.
To make a paste with chipotles, simply chop them up finely with a knife or add them to a food processor. If you don't have a chipotle paste, you can substitute chipotle powder. The flavor will be slightly different, but it will still be delicious!
It's important to let the sauce chill as it helps all of the flavors to meld together. If you're in a hurry, you can let it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
You can lighten up the calories and fat in this sauce by swapping out the mayonnaise for ½ mayo and ½ greek yogurt.
Add freshly chopped and minced herbs such as cilantro, chives, or parsley for a bright flavor.
For a spicier southwest chipotle sauce, add more chipotles to the mixture or a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
The southwest sauce is also delicious as a salad dressing! Simply whisk in some additional water to thin it out to your desired consistency.
Try replacing half of the mayo with ranch dressing for a different flavor. Or add a tablespoon of Ranch Seasoning.
This chipotle southwest sauce can be stored in an airtight container or jar for 4 days. Give it a good stir to redistribute the flavors before using.
Freezing is not recommended as the mayonnaise can separate when thawed and may not come back together.
While you can purchase brands that make similar types of sauce, the actual Subway brand of sauce is unavailable for purchase. However, you can easily make it at home following this recipe!
This sauce is perfect for sandwiches, wraps, and salad dressing. It also makes a great dip for chips, wings, or vegetables.
The level of spiciness will depend on how much chipotle you add to the sauce. This recipe as written is mildly spicy with a smoky flavor. You can always add more chipotle for a spicier flavor.
More dip recipes
We hope that you love this tasty copycat Subway Chipotle Southwest Sauce recipe! Be sure to also check out these other sauces and dips too!
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
Chipotle Southwest Sauce (Subway copycat)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste (from a can of chile in adobo or substitute chipotle powder)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
- For best results, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour for the flavors to fully combine.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Tip: for the fully Subway experience, store your Chipotle Southwest Sauce in a squeeze bottle!
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
I love the chipotle flavor! This is such a great idea to make at home and have on hand for sandwiches and stir-fries.
Really good! I've never had it from Subway, but can't imagine it would be better than this recipe! Absolutely delicious with chicken tenders! 🙂
This sauce is a bomb!! Wow, words are not enough!