Have some extra basil in your garden? Make this easy Basil Aioli recipe! Traditional garlic aioli ingredients are mixed with the fresh basil for a bold sauce that's perfect for sandwiches, salmon, salads, and more. Best of all, it's easy to make from scratch in just a few minutes.
Basil aioli is our new go-to dipping sauce. It tastes like summer, is ready in minutes, and adds a big flavor to so many dishes!
We've been drizzling it over grilled salmon, using it in potato salad, spreading it onto grilled burgers, and dipping our fries into it!
If it's summertime and you've got an abundance of basil, you're probably wondering how to use it up without it going bad.
Basil aioli is a great way to use basil in a new and exciting way!
Garlic aioli is already delicious on its own, but when you mix it with basil, it becomes something truly special. The basil adds freshness and flavor that takes the aioli to new heights.
Aioli is a creamy garlic sauce. It's a popular condiment in the Mediterranean and has a rich, creamy texture, and can be used in a variety of different ways.
For this hack recipe, we make it quickly by using mayo!
It's the perfect sauce for sandwiches, salads, and even as a dip for veggies, wedges, wings, and fries.
If you're looking for a new and exciting way to use basil, this basil aioli recipe is the perfect solution!
Be sure to try our other recipes, including Horseradish Aioli, Bacon Aioli, Easy Truffle Aioli, and Dill Aioli. Can you tell that we're totally obsessed with how easy it is to make fun flavored aioli sauces?!
Why Make This Recipe
- The fresh taste of basil takes this aioli recipe to the next level!
- Basil aioli is easy to make from scratch and only takes a few simple ingredients.
- It's perfect for sandwiches, salads, and spreads, and can be used as a dipping sauce for veggies, fries, and wings.
- It lasts 2 weeks in the fridge and can be made in advance.
- It's an easy aioli using mayonnaise instead of making the aioli base from scratch. It's a popular hack, since scratch aioli starts with making what is essentially mayo.
- Mayonnaise - This creamy condiment makes up the base of the sauce and gives it its rich texture.
- Garlic - Aioli wouldn't be the same without garlic! This ingredient gives the sauce its classic garlicky flavor.
- Basil - The star of the show! Basil adds a fresh garden taste and flavorful touch along with natural green color.
- Lemon Juice - This brightens up the flavor of the sauce giving it a natural acidity and citrus flavor.
- Sea Salt - Brings out all of the flavors in the sauce.
Please scroll down to the recipe card below for the full quantities.
Wondering how to make this Basil Aioli recipe? It's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Combine ingredients: Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
Blend the aioli: Start by pulsing the food processor until all of the basil is broken down. Then increase the speed until a smooth and creamy sauce is formed.
Store and chill: Transfer the aioli to an airtight container or jar with a lid and chill for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
To make the blending process easier, make sure the basil is chopped into small pieces before adding it to the food processor.
If you don't have a food processor, you can also make this basil aioli recipe in a high-speed blender or with an immersion blender.
Chilling time is important as it allows the flavors to meld and develop.
Make sure to taste the aioli before serving and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
Make a vegan version of this recipe by using your favorite vegan mayonnaise.
There are many ways you can use basil aioli to brighten up a dish. Try the suggestions below!
Use it as a dip for french fries, roasted potatoes, or sweet potato fries. Drizzle it over Microwave Baked Potato or Air Fryer Baby Potatoes.
Add it to a sandwich in place of plain old mayo for a flavorful upgrade.
Try using basil aioli as a salad dressing! It's perfect on top of green salads, pasta salads, and even chicken salads.
Or use it as a dipping sauce for raw vegetables or a crusty piece of bread.
Bring it to a party along with Chipotle Southwest Sauce (Subway Copycat), Homemade Donair Sauce, and Taco Bell Chipotle Sauce as dip for Cajun Chicken Wings (Wingstop Copycat), Louisiana Rub Wingstop Chicken Wings (copycat), and Bisquick Oven Fried Chicken.
Use it to make a hearty chicken or tuna salad.
After chilling, basil aioli will last for up to two weeks in the fridge if stored properly in an airtight container with a lid. Give it a stir before using.
Mayonnaise will separate when frozen, therefore freezing is not recommended.
Aioli is a mayonnaise-based sauce that's made with garlic, olive oil, and egg yolks. It has a rich, creamy texture, and can be used in a variety of different ways. Mayonnaise is a thick, creamy sauce that's made with egg yolks and oil. It's a key ingredient in many salads and sandwich recipes.
I recommend using fresh basil leaves for this recipe. You can also use dried basil, but the flavor won't be as strong and it wont' be green.
Yes! If you're not a fan of basil, you can try making this aioli recipe with other herbs like cilantro, parsley, or chives.
More sauce recipes
We hope that you love this tasty basil aioli! Be sure to also check out these other condiments too!
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and whiz unti the basil is all broken down.
- Transfer the basil aioli to a container. You can use right away, but for best results, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Store your basil aioli in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
I've been making a lot of sweet potato fries and this aioli is the perfect dipping sauce! So yummy!
Perfect basil aioli sauce for sandwiches. Will definitely try on other dishes too, thanks!