Make this tasty Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Cream Cheese with 4 ingredients in 40 minutes! The salty, smoky bacon pairs perfectly with the creamy ranch-flavored cream cheese on the chicken breasts making it the best main course to serve with any side dish!
If you're looking for an easy chicken dinner with just a few ingredients, then you're going to love this Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Cream Cheese recipe! The cheese is flavored up with ranch seasoning to pack in loads of flavor.
We all know that bacon makes everything better, and this recipe is no exception! Wrapping bacon around chicken is always a good idea because it adds so much flavor and keeps the chicken nice and moist.
The key to making this dish extra special is in the creamy filling. A combination of cream cheese and ranch seasoning is used for the filling, which takes this easy chicken dish to the next level!
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal or when you have guests over because it looks like you spent a lot of time on it when in reality, it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Simply add the cream cheese to the chicken, then wrap the chicken breasts with bacon and then bake in the oven until cooked through.
Serve with your favorite side dishes like roasted air fryer baby potatoes, a Greek Pasta Salad, or copycat KFC Macaroni Salad, or simply add some steamed vegetables for a well-rounded meal that everyone will enjoy!
Why Make This Recipe
- The flavor combination of chicken, bacon and ranch is always a winner!
- The cream cheese filling makes this bacon wrapped chicken dish extra creamy and delicious.
- With only four ingredients, it’s an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- This recipe is perfect for feeding a large group because it can be easily doubled or tripled.
- Chicken Breast - You'll need boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe. Chicken breast adds lots of protein and absorbs the flavors of ranch and bacon when baked in the oven.
- Cream Cheese - Makes up the base of the filling with a creamy thick texture and tangy taste.
- Ranch Seasoning - Adds zesty ranch flavor to the cream cheese and throughout the chicken.
- Sliced Bacon - Used to seal in the ranch-flavored cream cheese and a smoky, salty flavor throughout the chicken breast.
Please scroll down to the recipe card below for the full quantities.
Wondering how to make this Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Ranch Cream Cheese recipe? It's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken breast: Trim any excess fat off of the chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel. Mix the cream cheese and ranch seasoning in a small bowl until well combined and spread over the top of the prepared chicken breasts.
Wrap with bacon: Wrap the chicken breast with bacon making sure both seams are on the bottom.
Bake and serve: Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and roast for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F. Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes before cutting into it. Serve with your favorite side dish!
You may need to use a few slices of bacon for each chicken breast. Use kitchen string to tie the bacon in place if needed. But I usually find just tucking it underneath the chicken works to keep it in place.
The bacon will shrink as it cooks, so it's important to make sure the bacon is seam-side down.
If you don't have ranch seasoning on hand, you can use a combination of dried parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder.
For extra crispy bacon, cook chicken under the broiler for a few minutes before serving.
Use a kitchen thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165F in the thickest part.
Chicken safety: Wash hands, surfaces, and utensils thoroughly after handling raw chicken. Before serving, ensure the chicken is piping hot and thoroughly cooked, juices run clear and no pink color remains.
Instead of beef bacon, lighten this dish up and use turkey bacon.
Add some shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture for extra cheesy goodness!
Switch up the ranch seasoning and use Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or taco seasoning for a different flavor profile.
Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for a juicier dish. You can also make this recipe using chicken tenderloins.
You could swap the ranch cream cheese for another creamy sauce. Try Donair Sauce, Chipotle Southwest Sauce (Subway Copycat), Bacon Aioli, Arby's Sauce, Arby's Horsey Sauce, or Taco Bell Chipotle Sauce.
Storage & Freezing
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to four days.
This recipe can also be frozen for up to three months. Be sure to wrap the chicken tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
- Microwave - Place chicken on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
- Oven - Preheat oven to 375F and place chicken on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Stovetop - Place chicken in a skillet over medium heat and cook until warmed through, about five minutes per side.
Yes, you can! Just cook the chicken at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
No, you don't have to use ranch seasoning. You can use any number of seasonings to change up the flavor profile. Our favorite options include Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and taco seasoning.
Yes, you can make bacon-wrapped chicken ahead of time. Just wrap the chicken tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the fridge for up to four days. When you're ready to cook, just follow the recipe instructions.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Ranch Cream Cheese
- Baking dish
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix the cream cheese and ranch seasoning in a small bowl.Spread the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Wrap the chicken breasts with the bacon and place into the baking dish, seam side down.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked (be sure the chicken is cooked until the internal temperature reaches 165°F at the thickest part).
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.