Air Fryer Baby Potatoes are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and taste incredible. Plus, you don't have to heat the oven to roast them up. Instead, they're air fried to perfection! A delicious and super-easy side dish.
Since this blog is called You Say Potatoes, I had to start with a potato recipe.
This isn't a potato blog though, just easy, budget-friendly recipes for everyone.
So, what easier way to make potatoes than to air fry them!
I love using my air fryer. The small countertop kitchen gadget quickly roasts food, with just a tiny bit of oil, using hot air to cook.
It means you can make air fryer baby potatoes quickly, without heating up the kitchen with the oven.
You're going to love these potatoes, they're lightly seasoned, crispy on the outside and tender inside.
A perfect side dish for so many main meals.
Why Make This Recipe
A quick and easy air fryer side dish.
A budget-friendly recipe.
You can vary the seasonings to your preferred tastes.
They're wonderfully crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside.
By making them in the air fryer, you don't have to heat the kitchen with the oven - perfect for warm days!
Air roasted potatoes are an easy, family-friendly side dish.
A great way to use up seasonal baby potatoes.
- Baby potatoes - I like using baby potatoes (aka new potatoes) but you could also cut larger potatoes into bite-sized pieces. I leave the skin on as that's where there's extra goodness.
- Oil - I use extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil. You can also use low calorie spray oil.
- Garlic powder - for extra flavor.
- Italian seasoning - or use your favorite dried herbs or fresh rosemary.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - season to your liking.
Please scroll down to the recipe card below for the full quantities.
How to Make Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Wondering how to make roasted baby potatoes in the air fryer? It's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Wash the baby potatoes and pat them dry with a clean tea towel. Then, cut them in half or in thirds for slightly larger ones. You don't need to peel them.
Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Or switch it up with other seasonings!
Place the potatoes into the basket of the air fryer (don’t overcrowd, cook in batches if necessary) and cook at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
Shake the basket and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until they’re cooked, golden and crispy. Serve warm and enjoy.
Try to cut the potatoes into similar sizes, so they all cook at the same time.
You only need a little oil to air fry, or you can use a low-calorie spray oil.
You shouldn't need to preheat your air fryer. Some people like to, but it's not usually necessary.
The basket of the air fryer can get hot. To remove the potatoes, it's best to use tongs.
Try using chopped red potatoes or white potatoes.
Switch up the flavorings, try using dried dill or rosemary.
You can swap the Italian seasoning and garlic powder, for a spice blend, such as ranch seasoning or shawarma spice blend.
Enjoy your air-fried baby potatoes as a side dish to many meals, such as grilled salmon, pan-fried chicken, or a vegetarian option such as stuffed peppers.
Serve your baby potatoes covered in a saucy stroganoff or creamy chicken dish.
Bring them to a potluck or cookout! Everyone loves roasted spuds, amiright?
Try them drizzled with Creamy Dill Mustard Sauce for a burst of flavor.
Baby potatoes are best when freshly air fried, but will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Gently reheat in the air fryer for about 5 minutes.
No! These potatoes are small and cook just fine without par-boiling first.
Well, they're healthier than oven roasting in lots of oil! For this recipe, you only need a tiny bit of oil to get the baby potatoes nice and crispy.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb. baby potatoes 500g
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the baby potatoes and pat dry, then cut them in half. No need to peel them.
- Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the oil, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place them into the basket of the air fryer (don’t overcrowd, cook in batches if necessary) and cook at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- Shake the basket and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until they’re cooked, golden and crispy.
- Try to cut the potatoes into similar sizes, so they all cook at the same time.
- You only need a little oil to air fry, or you can use a low-calorie spray oil.
- You shouldn't need to preheat your air fryer. Some people like to, but it's not usually necessary.
- The basket of the air fryer can get hot. To remove the potatoes, it's best to use tongs.
- Try using chopped red potatoes or white potatoes.
- Switch up the flavorings, try using dried dill or rosemary.
- You can swap the Italian seasoning and garlic powder, for a spice blend, such as ranch seasoning or shawarma.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.